You may review the following video or read the Step-by-Step Instructions to complete your Multi-Factor Authentication for Symphony.
MFA Instructions for your Web Browser
- Step 1: Search for an Authenticator Application
- Step 2: Download or Install the Application
- Step 3: Configure Your Multi-Factor Authentication
- Step 4: Confirm Your Multi-Factor Authentication
Step 1: Search for an Authenticator Application
The tools we recommend are a Google Authenticator Extension for your Chrome browser; or 2FA for Edge. However, you can use any time-based Authenticator Application.
Step 2: Download or Install the Application
Search for the desired tool in another tab and follow the links to install the Application.
Step 3: Configure Your Multi-Factor Authentication
During registration in Symphony, open the authenticator application and follow the prompts to scan a QR code or enter a setup key. The system will create unique one-time passcodes for you when you sign in with your MFA tool.
- Select the QR code extension from your browser
- Use the Scan option
- Drag the frame over the corresponding QR code on the screen.
- You will see a success message when you have captured the QR code.
If you have multiple Symphony accounts, be sure to rename the codes to reflect the contract vehicle for the One-Time Passcode (OTP). You must have a unique code for each Symphony URL you access.
If you want to enter the Secret setup Key manually, you can select the plus icon to add an account during registration.
- The secret key appears above the QR code.
- The required account name or issuer details can be anything that reminds you of your access to Symphony. Usually, this is the site name or email address used to register.
Step 4: Confirm Your Multi-Factor Authentication
When successful with your MFA configuration, you will enter the six-digit code in the field provided. COPY the one-time passcode generated and PASTE the code in Symphony. Authenticate to sign in successfully.