- Step 1: Register for Symphony
- Step 2: Navigate to the Administration Option
- Step 3: Update User Status
- Step 4: Update Group Membership
All users must register themselves for Symphony, set up their preferred method of Multi-factor Authentication, and verify that their registered email address is correct. Users cannot add others to Symphony due to security requirements.
Symphony Administrator(s) can only activate users registered in the same instance of Symphony for their company. If a user is not listed, then they need to register. If you don’t see a registered user, please let us know the users email address and provide the correct UEI/Cage for registration.
Users in the initial status are unable to sign in until they are granted an active status. Click on the row for the user you want to manage to activate or disable their account. There are no restricted viewing roles in Symphony once a user is in the active status. Change user status to the one that applies and save your changes. The status options are:
- Initial - user has registered and needs approval to sign in. User will receive an inactive account message.
- Pending - user is not authorized to sign in. User will receive an inactive account message.
- Active - user can sign into Symphony and perform the tasks for their group permissions.
- Suspended - user has a locked account either from inactivity or too many failed password attempts.
- Delete - user no longer needs access to Symphony and should not appear in the Administration link. This option is not a full delete from the system and does not allow users to register with the same email again.
Step 4: Update Group Membership
Symphony Administrator(s) can add or remove additional permissions from all registered users within their company in the Administration link. A users status must be active for the permissions to apply. The group membership options are:
- Administrator - user has full access to everything including managing users. The SAM POC(s) for the registered company are automatically assigned to this role when registering, or the user receives an email invitation for the contract vehicle's Symphony portal.
- Program Manager - user can submit proposals on behalf of the organization for their contract vehicle.
- Staff - user has the ability to view Task Order Requests and edit proposal data on behalf of their organization. User does not have access to administration and cannot submit proposals.
The Proposal Manager Assignment gives one user the ability to submit a proposal on behalf of the organization during open solicitations. It does not include the Administration link. Assign the Open Market Proposal Manager position to the user who is responsible for submitting the proposal. They verify that the information uploaded is accurate.
Please refer to the Getting Started FAQ for more information if you have questions.